Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Tooth Fairy Has a Sprained Wing

It's the second post in a row, but the Tooth Fairy showed up again. I just got back from a two-day review workshop for the Level 2 Financial Statement Analysis material. While I was away, Unknown Daughter's tooth fell out. Unfortunately, while I did get home in time to put the kids to bed, I was dead beat (I've come down with the virus that's been working its way through our household. So, I forgot to take the tooth and leave the usual lucre under UD's pillow.

I realized this when I awoke this morning, but it was too late - if I took care of the tooth then, UD might wake up and I'd get caught in the act. Luckily, the Tooth Fairy sent the following email to UD:
Dear Unknown Daughter:

First off, I am sorry for not taking care of your tooth last night. I picked up a tooth from a giant child the other day and it was way too heavy for me (I should have asked another tooth fairy to go with me so we could lift it together). So I ended up spraining my wing. The doctor told me I have to rest it for a day until it gets better.

As for your questions -- like I said before, I can listen through your teeth by magic (remember - I AM a fairy after all. That means I have magical powers). Yes, I do work for Santa some times. He pays me around Christmas to tell him when children have been naughty or nice. Being able to listen in through kids' teeth is a big help, since almost every child has teeth. And if a child is too young for teeth, his mommy (not his MOMMA, his mommy) and daddy usually have teeth, so I can listen through theirs.

You asked if I can see through yellow teeth. If your teeth are yellow, I can still see through them, but it makes everything look all yellowish. So, I don't like yellow teeth that much, because I can't see as well.

I told you how I know about you calling you mother Momma - I heard it through your teeth.

My wing is feeling a bit better, so I should be able to get your tooth tonight.

Love,

The Tooth Fairy
So, it seems that all's right in the Unknown Household. In fact, UD wants the email printed out so she can show all her friends at school - for some reason they don't believe that the tooth fairy sends us emails.